Malinga” the Yorker king” was born on 24 august 1983 is currently sri Lankan T-20 captain. The different bowling action and slower one Yorker made him the best death specialist and legend of this game and due to this he got the nickname of ‘Slinga Malinga’ and ’Malinga the Slinga’.
Yesterday(26 JULY 2019) this legend play his last odi match against Bangladesh and retired from his 15-year-long odi career. The srilankan team also give great farewell by winning by big runs (91 runs).
He started playing his cricket in the early year on the beach with his friends where there is no bounce so he tries to ball yorkers. From there he first tried the yorkers and from then he became the “yorker king”.
8 Interesting Fact And Stats Of Malinga – The Yorker King
1. He is the only bowler to take a wicket on the last ball of his career and help him his team to defeat the opponent. (9.4-2-38-3).
2. He is the only srilankan t-20 world cup winning captain.
3. Third-highest wicket-taker in world cup history.
4. The only bowler to take 3 hat tricks in odi(2 in the world cup).
5. The only player to take 4 consecutive wickets. (against South Africa).
6. He is the highest wicket-taker in ipl (170).
7. He holds best bowling figure in BBL i.e. 6/7 vs Perth scorchers.
8. He is quickest to take 50 wickets in the world cup(26 matches).
In Feb 2018 he appointed as bowling mentor for Mumbai Indians and help the young talented bowlers in improving their game.
Indian pacer Jasprit Burmah said that Malinga helps him a lot in delivering yorkers more accurately.
The Best Saying By Malinga
In his recent interview, he says, “Pressure is nothing but to deliver each and every bowl accurate and if you do this there is no pressure on you but the pressure is on the opponent “.this shows such a fearless bowler he is and have such a great vision of the game.